Renovating the indoors & the outdoors of your home is never a bad idea, and when it comes to renovating your outdoors, what’s better than getting a driveway and pavements having done in permeable concrete.
Permeable paving, also sometimes known as pervious paving is typically an ensemble of plastic fills with filling material that could include gavel, limestone or sod. Given the absorption capacity of the materials used in this type of pavement, Permeable Paving is ideal for outdoors, particularly driveways because it has an exception durability and moisture soaking capability.
Here are some of the top benefits on why you should opt for permeable paving
- Highly Durable: Permeable concrete is highly durable and great to support heavy equipment be it wheel loaders or forklifts. It is often considered to be as sturdy as asphalt or concrete surfaces and is versatile because it of its floating surface, and doesn’t crack when the soil beneath it changes. It is also less likely to be damaged from potholes
- Cost Efficient: Permeable paving is highly cost efficient as they not only add value to the residential property but also eliminates the need of water detention vaults, gutter installations thus saving you additional costs.
- Environment Friendly: Permeable paving is best to help you get rid of storm water and directly recharges ground water. It protects streams, watersheds and ponds, and works like natural soils and bioswales on the filtration and drainage. It is also great for erosion control especially in areas with loose soil and an arid climate. Any area which you think is prone to soil erosion, you can simply protect by covering it with permeable paving.
- Portable: For when you need to add an extra parking space in your outer area, or you want to utilize your front/back yard for any purpose, and you have already installed permeable concrete paving there, moving it is not too big of a hassle. You can simply place permeable concrete grid and fill it with limestone or gravel to create a temporary parking area or for whatever other purpose you might want that extra garden space.
- Easy Installation: As portable as it is, permeable concrete paving is also very easy to install and doesn’t require a lot of sturdy equipment. To install the paving, all you need to do is clear the ground of any vegetation, loose soil and even it out. Lay out the permeable paving grids and trim it to fit around objects. Since the grids are only as big as warehouse pallets, they are relatively easier to carry. Once you have placed all the grids in place, simply fill them with limestone or gravel and you have a perfectly heavy permeable concrete paving ready for use.
- Decorative Purposes: Particularly for outdoors of residential property, permeable concrete paving can also be used for decorative purposes, and you can conveniently create walkways or decorative spaces around the trees in your garden.